Digital Transformation Project Team
£31,411 to £37,474 per year
Full time, 12 month CDD
THE POST – Software Developer
Due to a significant investment in our digital services across UWS, the Digital Transformation Project team is seeking individual applications to join the Digital Transformation Project as a Software Developer. You will be part of a team responsible for developing and maintaining computer systems integrations and services that support the University’s research, teaching and professional services.
The successful candidate must have the following:
- A relevant IT degree or equivalent
- Experience developing software and software integrations using up-to-date programming languages
- Extensive experience in software development and operations, working at a professional level
- Good problem solving, analytical and design skills
- Ability to create functional specifications from business requirements.
- Well-developed organizational skills with the ability to plan, prioritize and organize work schedules to meet demanding University deadlines and goals
- Ability to understand, collate and present complex data
- Ability to understand and explain complex relationships between data in disparate systems
The University of the West of Scotland is one of Scotland’s largest and fastest growing modern universities. Our reach across the country, along with our London campus, means that UWS is a significant force in global knowledge creation, innovation and one of the leading providers of undergraduate, postgraduate and of research. Our degrees provide students with a transformational experience; equipping them with highly sought-after graduate skills that prepare them for global success in cutting-edge sectors, industries and businesses.
With cutting-edge courses, modern pedagogy and practical knowledge, we enable our students and staff to discover the joy of learning, teaching, researching and innovating, and applying their knowledge for the benefit others.
Our professional services teams are the backbone of the UWS, providing robust and innovative solutions to support the wide range of work in learning and teaching, research and innovation. You will join a supportive and dedicated team, playing a key role in a range of work that will help advance our ambition to deliver cutting-edge research and graduates who will design, shape and build a new future. Learn more about our professional services teams.
We offer our staff a caring and supportive environment, across five campuses, and a competitive benefits package that includes:
- 24 days of annual leave, plus an additional 12 days for public/university holidays
- 19.3% pension contribution from the employer, including compensation for death in service when joining the pension plan
- A flexible approach to work pace and work-life balance
- Employee discount program at 3,500 retailers
- Fitness facilities on our campuses
- Access to a range of health and wellness resources, including occupational health, physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for professional development, career and research.
Closing date: September 28, 2022
Date of interview: October 12 & 13, 2022
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “disability-confident” employer.
The University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520.