Law Fir, an international leader, specializes in the provision of commercial and intellectual property services.[ecialisinginprovidingintellectualpropertyandcommercialservices[ecialisinginprovidingintellectualpropertyandcommercialservices
The role of the software developer is to design, code, test and analyze software programs and applications. This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production lifecycle. The software developer will also analyze and fix software errors in a timely and accurate manner and provide status reports as needed.
- Obtain a good understanding of Microsoft SQL databases used by the business, including triggers, views, stored procedures, and SQL jobs.
- Obtain a good understanding of the custom developed code that is in place to enhance and integrate the software with other operational software.
- Test where software changes have been made and identify and resolve technical issues.
- Maintain system availability of these applications.
- Make recommendations and incorporate improvements into these software applications.
- Work closely with the Software Development Manager, Solutions Architect and other team members on IT projects.
- Communicate with the Software Development Manager efficiently and accurately on any issues, progress and/or delays.
- Transfer skills/knowledge to less experienced team members
- Adhere to all IT policies and procedures.
- Plan software development life cycle (SDLC) phases for a variety of projects.
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of software requirements and specifications.
- Research and document software user requirements.
- Conduct research on new application development software products, languages and standards in support of sourcing and development efforts.
- Recommend, plan and perform software enhancements and upgrades.
- Consistently write, translate and code software programs and applications to specifications.
- Run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purpose of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement and general debugging.
- Administer critical analysis of test results and provide solutions to problems.
- Participate in the development and updating of user manuals and guidelines.
- Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts and software engineers to help resolve issues with software products or company software systems.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior software developers and research assistants.
Skills and knowledges:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required, including a deep understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application software.
- Ability to work under pressure and engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Be able to work under tight deadlines.
- High level of precision and attention to detail.
- Flexibility in terms of time and work.
- A friendly and service oriented person.
- Willingness to learn and apply.
- Be motivated and “go-getter”.
- Ability to transfer knowledge and write high quality technical documentation
- Flexible and adaptable when it comes to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research on software related issues and products.
- Very logical.
- Technically proficient.
- Highly motivated and directed
Qualifications and experience:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or software engineering, and/or 5 years of equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Advantage power platform.
CTC – Benefit Package – Medical Aid, Provident Fund
About the employer:
International legal organization
Find out more/Apply to this position