This established non-profit organization working in the HIV/AIDS health sector is looking to appoint an experienced software developer to their team – this role could be based in Johannesburg – Centurion or Cape Town.
This software developer will:-
To conduct research; and design, implement and maintain the design of this organization’s software applications/programs.
Perform analyzes of the capabilities and requirements of the organization’s systems to meet and improve business operational requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research and design of software applications/programs
- Test and review software applications/programs
- Perform peer reviews of software developed by team members.
- Implement and maintain features/applications
- Create documentation – technical and user guides
- Monitor, troubleshoot and improve existing software
- Provide IT support for issues escalated to the software team.
- Collaborate with UI developers, DevOps engineers and Information Security to produce complete software applications.
- Work with relevant process/department owners to understand the scope of their requirements and develop technical specifications.
- Lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams to solve complex software development problems.
- Document all third-party tools and frameworks used using the requirements provided.
- Keep track of changes made to third-party service providers.
- Protect the personal information of third parties and employees and strictly comply with the Personal Information Protection Act (POPIA) and all applicable laws.
- Perform any other task that may be reasonably required by the Project Manager.
Skills and experience
(Minimum essential requirement):
- BSc in Computer Science or relevant computer related qualification.
- At least 5 years of experience in a software development role of which 3 years must be in web application development.
- At least 2 years of experience in cloud services.
- The technical requirements;
- C# .Net
- SQL databases (query and performance optimization):
- SQL Server Reporting Services (or similar platform)
- Understanding of distributed databases is a plus.
- Web application development:
- HTML, JQuery, Bootstrap
- Mobile app development is a bonus
- Visual Studio and Azure DevOps (Git repositories):
- An understanding of the AWS environment would be a plus
- API development would be a plus:
- The ability to integrate third-party services is a requirement.
- Hold a valid South African ID or work permit.
- Driver’s license and own means of transport are advantageous.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to plan and organize.
- Analytical mind
- Ability to work within a team (external and internal) and contribute to the achievement of IT team objectives.
- Ability to collaborate in a highly agile environment.
If you meet the above requirements, please send an updated CV, GIVING THE CURRENT OR MOST RECENT SALARY LEVEL to Pat Stewart of Anchor Executive Recruitment on [Email Address Removed]
- Software and web development
Desired work experience:
- 5 to 10 years Software development
Desired level of qualification:
Find out more/Apply to this position