Autolab, a division of the South African Sugar Association, has a permanent vacancy for a Senior Systems Developer (Software Developer / C# / LIMS) based in Mount Edgecombe, KZN.
The Autolab development team designs products for the exchange and management of laboratory and weighbridge information. The internationally acclaimed LIMS package they use enables C# development to deliver top-notch software products to customers across many locations. As a small, specialized department, they pride themselves on being able to combine technical excellence in software engineering with a solid understanding of customer needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement software using C#, HTML, CSS, TypeScript, VGL and ASP.Net under guidance of Autolab Manager.
- Provide network, application, Oracle database and operating system support to end users.
Education and experience:
Looking for a highly motivated person, able to work effectively within a team, in a dynamic and stimulating business environment, who has:
- A degree or bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering or information systems
- C#, HTML, CSS, Typescript
- ASP.NET Framework and ASP.NET CORE (MVC)
- Experience in one of the current SQL database management systems, preferably Oracle
- Expertise in object-oriented design, database design and XML schema
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies.
- Knowledge of serial communication protocols and linking serial devices to computer systems will be an advantage
- An endorsement without a code 08 driving licence.
Market-related advantages more
Benefits of being part of the Autolab/SASA team:
- Work closely with the rest of their highly skilled team
- Learn from other talented developers
- Exposure to desktop applications, portals, databases
- Autolab builds careers around the talent of successful candidates – it’s not just a job
- Friendly and caring atmosphere, a canteen on site, Virgin Active nearby
- Autolab builds products, they are not an internal IT department
- Formal software engineering best practices.
Please provide complete information when submitting your CV as this will facilitate the shortlisting process. If possible, include your current guaranteed total compensation envelope and any variable benefits.
Autolab will contact candidates who seem to best match their requirements asking them to provide a more detailed CV and provide copies of their academic records.
Aspects of SASA’s recruitment policy applicable to this vacancy
SASA recognizes the need for employers in South Africa to contribute to transformation by actively supporting the provisions of the Employment Equity Act and Black Economic Empowerment legislation and recognizes the level high unemployment in our country.
Accordingly, the first priority is to provide employment opportunities to South African nationals. Applications from foreign nationals are only considered in the event that a comprehensive recruitment process has not resulted in the appointment of a suitable South African candidate.
- software developer
Find out more/Apply to this position