The Software Development Unit within the Information Technology and Knowledge Resources Division is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified individual for the five (5) year contract position of a Senior Developer – Azure Specialist on a basis of 3 full-time days per week. We are looking for a seasoned and experienced professional who will be responsible for building highly scalable and reliable applications. The individual will also collaborate with other developers to ensure the organization’s applications are fit for purpose, with a full understanding of industry best practices.
- Create reusable software components and libraries for the future Perform unit tests, maintain and recommend software enhancements Work with experienced team members to perform root cause analysis Identify ideas to improve system performance and have an impact on availability Solve complex technical design problems Problem solving (troubleshooting) Analyze user requirements and convert requirements to design documents Make good technical decisions that provide solutions to business challenges A good understanding of agile practices
- Diploma / Advanced Certificate / NQF 6
- Recognized IT-related qualification (diploma or diploma)Microsoft Azure certification15 years of experience in ASP
- Net Core and C#15 years of experience developing SQL databases 2 years of experience with Azure Stack2 years of experience with JSON, Vue
- js and Quasar framework 2 years of experience working in a DevOps environment 2 years of experience developing system integrations with Microsoft products
- Excellent written and verbal expression Mentoring skills Accuracy and attention to detail Integrity Good communication skills
- Software Development LifecycleAgile Development ProcessCloud ConceptsIndustry Best Practices and Leading Standards
- Ability to effectively design systems architecture using the latest industry standards Experience working in a dynamic IT environment Solution-focused
The NRF website provides more details on initiatives and activities
Applicants must submit a full CV by registering and applying online through the NRF Recruitment and Selection Portal.
Applications should be accompanied by a cover letter indicating the candidate’s suitability for the position.
The names and contact details of at least three arbitrators must be provided.
- Skills in the field of application of the position
- Knowledge to be relevant
- Responsible in the performance of duties
About the employer:
The National Research Foundation (NRF) supports and promotes research and human capital development through funding, the provision of national research facilities and science outreach platforms and programs to the wider community in all fields of science and technology, including natural sciences, engineering and social sciences. and human sciences.
NRF’s IT department consists of three IT teams:
Business Systems Development provides software development services in support of effective and efficient business processes through flexible and responsive applications; and
IT and administration are responsible for purchasing end-user devices, consumables, and providing first level support to users in the organization.
Infrastructure and Network Services, provides the infrastructure platforms in support of the NRF business, enabling enterprise system and service desk development teams to deploy their services and applications, as well as than providing services directly to organizations.
Find out more/Apply to this position