Ensure continuity and increase the resilience of your PIS with Televic GSP software services
Frequent updates reduce maintenance time and risk and increase time spent on the tracks. Just like mechanical parts, software also requires regular maintenance, in the form of patches and updates. A maintained passenger information system (PIS), hosted in the cloud, sustains your rail ecosystem. Find out how it goes on the spot.
Just like mechanical parts, software also requires regular maintenance
© SGP Televic
Don’t let your systems gather dust
In the past, passenger information systems were often installed and then forgotten. The times are changing. New cybersecurity threats are constantly emerging and passenger demands for real-time data are increasing at a rapid rate. At the same time, maintenance costs should be kept manageable.
Letting your systems gather dust and not updating them for years can have major consequences:
- financial losses: the costs of a successful cyberattack are huge, both financially and to your reputation
- irreparable obsolete systems: systems that have been neglected for too long cannot always be repaired, which may require a complete overhaul
- dissatisfied travellers: up-to-date passenger information is essential for a pleasant journey
“You should update your PIS regularly. LiveCoM Suite provides solutions to make your rail ecosystem scalable »
Dynamic Pis can boost your rail ecosystem
“Moving from a static on-premises solution to a scalable cloud-hosted traveler information system provides continuity in an ever-changing world.
“Today, you simply cannot afford to be left behind and need to update your PIS regularly. Our new offering provides solutions to future-proof your rail ecosystem.
With LiveCom SuiteTelevic GSP has adopted a cloud-first strategy. This improves scalability, makes our systems more reliable and increases the speed of deployment. Cybersecurity services are included with LiveCoM Suite hosting services and ensure that your rail ecosystem is resilient against potential cyberattacks, ensuring that vulnerabilities are identified and fixed as soon as possible.
Cloud-First for Improved Reliability
With LiveCoM Suite hosted in the Cloud, your off-board solution evolves over time, while on-board parties can benefit from Live updates. This way your ecosystem is always running on the latest version of LiveCoM Suite and you benefit from the latest fixes and features as soon as they are released.
You will save significantly on IT costs compared to legacy tools because server maintenance and IT resources on your end are no longer needed.
LiveCoM Suite is also available as a single-tenant solution that can be tailored to your needs. The Private Cloud is the perfect option when your rail network requires hosting in a certain region for legal or security reasons.
With Private Cloud, you can select a specific SLA level that best suits your availability and support needs.
The benefits of LiveCoM Suite Cloud hosting services at a glance:
- save on IT infrastructure and operational costs, as everything is provided as part of a turnkey solution
- fast implementation thanks to standardized hosting architectures
- service level agreements (SLAs) are attached, to achieve your desired service level objectives
- multi-tenant or single-tenant with Private Cloud for a tailor-made approach
This article was originally published by Televic SPG.