Leading global information technology organization, specializing in the telecommunications space, is currently seeking a qualified Apigee Software Developer with hands-on experience in API proxy development and API management using of Apigee. Position based in Nigeria (Hybrid).
Global information technology consulting and services company specializing in high-tech transactional services.
As an Application Development Manager and API Architect Specialist, you will work closely with application development and business teams to design and build technology solutions. In this role, you can create logical designs, describe the deployment of designs to a physical platform, translate logical designs into system artifacts, recognize alternatives and provide choices throughout the creation of the logical design and physics, including methodologies. You will be required to create new proofs of concepts and coach development teams on new architectures and technologies.
Your main focus will be the administration of the Apigee platform. As your Apigee certification indicates, you are proficient in the concepts and configuration of cloud and micro-gateway environments. This would include hands-on experience or exposure to
- Integration with REST and SOAP interfaces.
- Security policies, especially OAuth 2.0
- Traffic management including routing and load balancing
- Exposure to monetization would be beneficial
- Change management and CI/CD tools
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- Apigee Certificate
- 3 years of hands-on API development experience, API management with Apigee
- Either a bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field, or a fair number of years of extensive work experience. (multidisciplinary)
- 10+ years of software development preferred, including at least 3 in internet applications
- Solid knowledge of node.js, JSON and REST services
- Excellent communication skills in person and on the phone
- Experienced in delivering applications through the SDLC process
- Experienced in QA testing and performance testing techniques
- Experience working with infrastructure teams to configure servers
- API design in collaboration with API development teams.
- Application of API specification standards
- API Developer Mentoring
- Responsible for the design of the API gateway configuration
- Detailed design review, to ensure security, scalability, reliability, end-user experience, and appropriate business reporting and analytics
- Develop proof of concepts, as needed
- API code reviews.
- Improve and manage API testing tools
- Ensure that the solution conforms to the strategic architecture.
- Work with infrastructure teams to ensure proper configuration of servers, load balancers, firewalls and monitoring at all levels.
- Assist the project team with all technical issues related to API design, performance and API Gateway
- Assistance with the administration of the developer portal (Drupal and HTML5)
- A good understanding of HTTP protocols and RESTful interfaces is sufficient and may suit someone with hardcore Unix and networking skills. Prior experience with any Cloud PaaS would be an advantage.
- For on-premises installations, this position may be suitable for a software developer wishing to move into other areas, assuming general exposure to the architect/platform/installation aspects.
Administrator / Support – For on-premises installations:
- Apigee components or technology stack
- Apigee Installation and Upgrades
- Apigee infrastructure provisioning, capacity expansion and monitoring
- Managing and troubleshooting the Apigee API platform
- Configuring the Apigee Edge Micro gateway as a microservice is done in an ubernetes environment.
About the employer:
Multinational of communication and IT
Find out more/Apply to this position